How to make Raspberry French Silk Bars
As the name suggests, two out of three layers will just melt in your mouth, & feel like silk. The bottom layer adds a crunch & stability to the bars, while the raspberry spread adds a bit of interesting mix to the whole chocolate theme. These bars could also be called Chocolate pie bars or Triple chocolate decadence; (if using chocolate cookies) as you get three layers of pure divine chocolate with a hint of Raspberry burst for an interesting element.
My older one requested that I make something chocolaty, like a cookie-cake combo. I opted for this drool worthy dessert, since I remembered seeing this recipe in the Very Merry Cookies book sitting on my bookshelf. The recipe does seem a bit long as it involves three recipes in one, but not to worry; check out the step by step pictorials below. All recipes have been listed out for your convenience. Scroll down for Chocolate crumb crust & Raspberry Ganache recipes. Sharing this chocolate lovers recipe with my friends at Sri Valli's CCChallenge # 29.
Bake 10 mins Chill 2 hours
Ingredients:· 1 cup whipping cream
· 1/2 cup chopped semisweet chocolate (3 ounces)
· 1/2 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate (3 ounces)
· 1/3 cup sugar
· 1/3 cup butter
· 2 egg yolks, beaten
· 3 tablespoons whipping cream
· 1/2 cup raspberry preserves or seedless raspberry jam
· 1 recipe Raspberry Ganache (Scroll down for recipe)
· 1 recipe Chocolate Crumb Crust (Scroll down for recipe)