How to make Goji Berry-Almond-Date Power Balls
The talk and use of goji berries have been on the rise lately upon hearing about its super powers. Here is a no sugar added, all natural, gluten free, vegan, zero cooking, paleo, nutrient rich recipe that is healthy and tasty enough for your taste buds. I feel good about this recipe as it uses purely natural sweeteners (dates, goji berries & raisins) and has some crunch and satiety value in it, so we can enjoy a nutritious snack when hunger strikes.
They’re thought to help prevent premature aging, boost the immune system, have benefits for diabetes and protect against heart disease and cancer. Goji berries could interact with some drugs, so talk with your doctor first. Otherwise, it's probably safe to eat goji berries in moderation. Please use at your own discretion. Research implies the following health benefits of goji berries:
- Very Nutritious
- Excellent Source of Antioxidants
- May Have Anti-Aging Benefits
- May Help Prevent Cancer Growth
- May Improve Blood Sugar Control
- May Boost Energy Levels
- May Help You Lose Weight
- May Improve Cholesterol Levels
- May Help Boost the Immune System
Ingredients for 10 to 15 balls:
dried Goji berries - 1 cup
pitted Dates - 1 cup
raw Almonds - 1 cup
Pumpkin seeds - 1 tbsp (optional)
Cardamom powder/Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
Raisins - 1 tbsp
No cook directions:
- Wash the goji berries to remove impurities & dry them off.
- Coarsely powder the almonds in any kind of food processor. Transfer the contents into a mixing bowl.
- Next, pulverize the goji berries into powder. Transfer into the bowl.
- Grind the dates, as much as you can. Add it to the mixing bowl.
- Add other ingredients powdered or whole to the mixing bowl. Stir/mix thoroughly and make into balls.
- Store in an airtight container & enjoy your nutritious snack when hunger strikes.
- You can try substituting other nuts, dry fruits and seeds as needed to make your own combination.
This recipe was noted down from a health based tv show and is from my recipe diary. Sharing the joy with my fellow bloggers at Sri Valli's CCC # 43 - April Week 5.